Typically, initial engagements involve preliminary negotiations and potential restructuring of the loan relationship between a lender and borrower. Through a depth of experience in handling various forms of collateral and loan structures, Walding, LLC has an ability to delve into a loan relationship to devise the obvious and not-so-obvious avenues to leverage mutually beneficial results for both lender and borrower. A few examples include:
- Collapse and restructure of $3 million of variable rate demand notes into promissory note secured by numerous fast food franchise locations throughout Alabama followed by restructure of the loan relationship divided into two separate borrower entities with various collateral.
- Completed a warehouse line of credit transaction in which a manufacturing client was able to provide a line of credit to its dealers enabling a bridge for end customers to acquire a product prior to the end customer's acquisition of long term financing.
- Reduction of lender's exposure to borrower over several years via variations in guarantor exposure and fluid security position in collateral to facilitate borrower’s continued business operation through economic transition.
- Sale of $2 million loan relationship secured by numerous single family and multi-family rental properties from lender to third party allowing lender to exit relationship without foreclosure or similar ownership in properties.
- Numerous loan restructures in which single loan relationship is restructured to allow additional collateral to enter lender’s collateral base enabling borrower to achieve acceptable collateral value proportional to risk exposure for loan.
- Negotiated turnover of commercial real estate securing loan relationship in the event loan performance goals are not achieved in order to reduce client costs in the event of ongoing default and allow borrower to continue to operate business during turnaround.
Represented lender in $1.8 million VRDN loan restructure for fast food restaurant franchises in North Alabama
Represented lender in state court litigation and out of court workout involving $1.1 million in debt, resulting in auction/foreclosure as part of client’s recovery efforts
Represented lender in federal bankruptcy court adversary proceeding related to secured loans
Represented health care provider as ground lessor and tenant in the sale of $53.7 million professional office complex (spearheaded the closing with escrow agent with 48 hours notice)
Represented developer in $9 million sale and loan assumption
Represented health care operator in sale of $2.7 million health care facility
Represented large commercial real estate company in leasing of commercial site to national company
Represented health care operator in $5 million refinance of assisted living facility/nursing home
Represented health care facility comprised of thirty owners (privately held entities and individuals) in a complex $9.4 million refinance of construction loan
Represented land owner in $5.7 million proposed quarry site in Shelby County, Alabama, dealing with issues of drainage, involving ADEM and Corp of Engineers and various engineering firms
Represented public corporation in $22.5 million acquisition of water treatment plant and subsequent acquisition by private corporation
Represented national corporation as buyer/borrower in the purchase of $600,000 commercial site in Madison County, Alabama
Represented buyer/borrower in purchase of $600,000 site for health care facility in Lawrence County, Alabama
Represented buyer/borrower in $4.5 million purchase of an existing golf course and residential area
Represented condominium developer in litigation, $1.3 million purchase and development of downtown landmark